IFRS 10: Alternative CFO Job Description
Home > CFO > CFO Job Description
|"Sort out all the mess."
What duties and responsibilities would a typical CFO really be expected to carry out?
Obviously exact Job Descriptions will vary in individual circumstances but a typical one would be similar to the following:
Chief Financial Officer
- funny job desciption
The CFO will be responsible for:
- Trying to keep a rein on that collection of double-entry deviants, ledger luvvies and management accounting misfits that make up the Finance team
- Making a note to remember that next time there's a project looking at upgrading systems or migrating to another ERP platform, Finance are involved from the start and not 2 year's down the line after a chance encounter with the IT Director in the lift.
- Explaining to the Board why the actual results bear no relationship to the numerical nonsense churned out by the Reporting team for the last 11 months
- Be resigned to the fact that if it doesn't work it ends up in Finance
- Sorting out all the mess
- Remembering that next time company morale takes a dip not to sign the Finance team up to that cretinous idea of an 'Have Your Say' staff survey
- Planning and deploying diversionary tactics to ensure the auditors are kept strictly on the audit trail
See also: How To Be A Great CFO